Monday, April 09, 2007

a trip in a cab...

took a cab couple of week back.. midnite trip...

as usual... political issues came up during the conversation with the friendly indian driver...

it went something like this...


cab driver : nowdays, so hard lah cari makan.. even drive 12 hrs in a row also susah...

me : hey, the cab association or some association said wanna ask for rm 1.00 increase... already confirm?!?...

cab driver : no lah, you know 'them' lah... only knows about their pockets... sendiri jugak kenyang...

me : you into politics?!?..

cab driver : not really lah... but when comes election, i will sure to go for vote!...

me : mic kaki eh you?!?...

cab driver (with sudden outburst in that middle of the nite) : fark lah.. you think i stupid ar?!?.. i pay 'him' rm 10 ringgit and get him to sark my cork!... too much lah him... i fm the last time, rocket all the way!...

me : great!...

this prompted me to go further and find out why rocket...

me : good lah macha.. i am also fm rocket...

cab driver : aik?!?.. you also fm rocket ar?!?...

me : yup... tell me honestly macha, why rocket?!?...

cab driver : eh.. you think if i support all bn fellas, 'they' know me ar?!?... talk only lah 'they' all... rocket different, at least rocket know who are you and fight for you.. i sometimes go for rocket meeting and we get to meet them in person... the personal touch is important and bn fellas want to see 'them' also hard.. maybe the only time you can see 'them' in person is during 'their' open house lah.. line up also so long.... cheh!...

me : so, it's the personal touch?!?..

cab driver : of course lah macha... 'they' all sitting up there talk only... got problems all cabut...

me : macha, turn left... ok... little bit in front some more... ok-ok... you can stop me behind that car...

cab driver : ok... thank you macha..


i left the cab as a happy man that nite...


p/s ; funny but true.. you only get to see 'them' very rarely.. the ONLY time you can really see them walking here and there and shaking hands and talking to people and playing with kids is when they are out campaigning for election... to compare like those big fat rodents who only come out in the nite to cari makan, just no difference...

No comments: