The entire proceedings was fully opened to the media. It was a posh, a big and an organised one, next venue to be held in Putra World Trade Center (PWC)/Kuala Lumpur Convention Center (KLCC)?.
A total of approx 739 delegates out of a total of aprox 948 elegible delegates from all over Malaysia elected the 20 Central Executive Committee (CEC) members. Most of the old CEC members retained and 2 fresh faces introduced through the election, plus a couple of young blood nominated.
Few notable issues was mentioned, discussed and/or noticed through out the 2 days congress, in no particular order ;
- A firm 'NO' to theocratic state.
- DAP is committed in working with the Pakatan Rakyat.
- DAP wants more Malays to join them.
- Having good and valid principle is a must of each and every party's member.
- Anwar Ibrahim have changed and he is the middle man for DAP and PAS.
- DAP is looking forward to a new 8 to 9 story headquarters in Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
- Tunku Aziz joined DAP and appointed as one of the party vice-chairmen.
- The founder of DAP, Dr Chen Man Hin still look as strong as ever at 83 years old.
The new CEC list as per below ;